Saturday 14 November 2009

Getting employed in the media (or elsewhere, especially the media)

(above: A deep discussion about the Moral Imperative theory by Immanuel Kant in the university library. That's why the graduate on the left-hand side covers her mouth)

(Inside an office there is a job interview going on between a TV producer and a graduate)

TV PRODUCER: ... thank you Mr Graduate, that's been the interview. We'll try to keep in touch. Any questions?
GRADUATE: Yes, I've got one. What other ways are there to get a job in your TV? I'm not quite sure about my chances of getting in...
TV PRODUCER: Mmmh... you could have attended a 1-year training course on journalism or have worked on a local TV or radio station to gain experience in this field. But I must say that the way you tried is probably the best one to get in, even though most of your 'rivals' for the post did it as well. However, you are good. There's no doubt about it.
(SILENCE) 
TV PRODUCER: Emh... can you now help me pull my trousers up? I'm getting old for this kind of job...

That's what's called 'Networking'.

THE WELSH PATIENT says: "Wonder why I dropped out university and I got that same job in another TV..."

PS: This blog's crew (The Spanish One, The Welsh Patient and the monkey-scriptwriter who dated Madonna and claims to have seen UFOs) would like to apologise for this post. We are fully aware that we haven't even mentioned the position of the actors in the stage. You naughty readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment